Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yan Woh Tong Herbal Jeli Restaurant

I've been to Ikano Power Centre to pay a visit and spend my penny on Ikea at Damansara, KL.
I wandered around the mall to find something nice and special to eat...
Something caught my attention...
Dessert:- Guai Lin Gou (龜苓膏)~

What is Guai Lin Gou?
It's a kind of medicinal dessert which is made of herbs and turtle shell.
Yes... It contains the essence from turtle shell!
Some of people dislike this dessert but I like it because it's nice and tasty.
Guai Lin Gou can lower body temperature and provides other nutritional elements.


Here's the stall located at the lower ground floor of Ikano Power Centre (nearby A&W Fast Food Restaurant).


Tempting menus especially my favourite "Guai Lin Gao"...


Menu with introduction of the dessert. *I can't read mandarin though*


I wonder there's more type of Guai Lin Gou. Might go to toilet if the combination wrong in my stomach... So, I decided to taste the "Herbal Jelly Original". Costly but try first then say later~


It came with small pot of sugar syrup, a bowl of Guai Lin Gou and an empty bowl...


Uuu~ My mouth was watering and pumped with saliva...
My little brother and my mum decided to see other than the dessert...
Tempting chicken drumstick.


Stew Cooked Chicken Whole Leg


Yep! Luckily they give us a bowl of rice...
The chicken is stewed nicely with Chinese herbs and soy sauce.
The egg and toufu is okey...
Price + Taste = 3 stars

My mum decided to take something else than rice...


Clay Pot Herbal Chicken Whole Leg Mee Suah


The mee suah looks nice...
The soup is just like ordinary soup though but the chicken is the same as the previous menu...

Price + Taste = 3.5 stars

In the end, the shop is kinda nice and this is my first time to find such stall which has Guai Lin Gou where Hong Kong has more stalls of these dessert.


Lot 21 (nearby A&W Fast Food Stall),
Lower Ground Floor,
IKANO Power Centre,
Mutiara Damansara,
Selangor, Malaysia

Rating: 4.0 stars

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of the Guai Lin Gou before, but what does it taste like? Do I need to think of something like 'grass jelly'? Sweet? :P

    Looks really good thoos flog, wish I can try out that much different types as food as you can do in M 'sia Nigel.

    Tax ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails